10 Things I Learned about Praying in the Name of Jesus
I”m continuing the study of Live a Praying Life: Open Your Life to God’s Power and Provision by Jennifer Kennedy Dean. I’m processing outloud (ok on screen) what I’m learning about praying in the name of Jesus with you.
You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! John 14:13-14 NLT
1. The authority of prayer is from Jesus
2. Authority = a legal right, someone authorizes authority.
3. Because of the name of Jesus we have the authority to pray.
4. Because Jesus has given us permission to use His name, we are received in the Father’s presence as Jesus is.
5. When the father looks at me, he no longer sees Jennifer, he sees Jesus in Jennifer form.
6. God hears my prayers through the voice of Jesus. That is the power of His name.
7. Using the name of Jesus in prayer gives you the authority to declare to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms what the manifold wisdom of God is.
8. When we pray in Jesus name – we will bring the resources, the timing, and the events that will most clearly display God’s power and glorify His name.
9. You do not influence God to do your will – you influence the spiritual realm to do God’s will.
10. Our authority in prayer is not our own. You and I are only exercising authority in the spiritual realm if Jesus is speaking His thoughts and desires through us.
I’m so excited to have this knew perspective on praying in the name of Jesus. I want to pray effectively. These 10 things are helping me put the puzzle pieces together. Once again the answer to my life’s questions = it’s not about me it’s about Jesus.
What about you? Have you wondered what it means to pray in Jesus name? Do you have a different perspective you’d like to share? Let’s chat about it in the comment section. I’d enjoy learning from you too.
About Jennifer O. White
I'm a simple wife who has discovered God's amazing gift of prayer. Here at Prayerfully Speaking I share my journey of unwrapping this gift. God invites us to ask Him, but His enemy works diligently to keep that from happening. I hope to offer you encouragement to believe God is ready to pour more into your life than you've ever imaged.