Big Audacious Prayers
I’m reading Mark Batterson’s latest book – The Circle Maker: Drawing Circles Around Your Biggest Dreams and Greatest Fears. I seriously love this book so much I would wear it if it were a new outfit! 🙂
The circle maker is a man named Honi. He’s not mentioned in the Holy Bible, but he is found in the Talmud. He was a scholar, a man with a special relationship with God, and famous for praying for rain.
Here are 7 nuggets from Chapter 2 I don’t want to forget.
- Bold prayers honor God and God honors bold prayers.
- If your prayers aren’t impossible to you, they are insulting to God. Why? Because they don’t require divine intervention.
- The greatest moments in life are the miraculous moments when human impotence and divine omnipotence intersect. And they intersect when you draw a circle around the impossible situations in our lives and invite God to intervene.
- God is for you. If you don’t believe that you will pray small timid prayers; if you do believe it, you will pray big audacious prayers.
- Who you become is determined by how you pray. Ultimately the transcript of your prayers becomes the script of your life.
- God is not a genie in a bottle and His wish is not your command. His command better be your wish. If it’s not, you won’t be drawing prayer circles, you’ll end up walking in circles.
- The goal is glorifying God by drawing circles around the promises, miracles, and dreams He wants for you.
If that doesn’t motivate you to kick your prayers up a notch, I don’t know what will!
Right now I am praying big audacious prayers for several people I love dearly. God’s timing is amazing. He brought this book to me knowing I needed the nudge.
Are you praying big, audacious prayers? If not, check out this book!
About Jennifer O. White
I'm a simple wife who has discovered God's amazing gift of prayer. Here at Prayerfully Speaking I share my journey of unwrapping this gift. God invites us to ask Him, but His enemy works diligently to keep that from happening. I hope to offer you encouragement to believe God is ready to pour more into your life than you've ever imaged.