Prayers for New Brides
What Satan meant to harm me, God has used to fortify me. God knew that a great marriage to David was just the beginning of the beauty He could bring from my ashes. Almighty God has healed the devastation of my parents divorce, my decision to end my first marriage, and the emotional pain that I brought into this marriage. With His Word, He has healed me and restored me to great faith in His power to do more than I can ask or imagine. And He has taught me to ask and to imagine.
With amazing grace, God is allowing me to help new brides recognize the spiritual battle going on behind the scenes of their marriages. I’m holding high the “God is Able” banner for them in my new book, Prayers for New Brides: Putting on God’s Armor After the Wedding Dress.
About the book:
A new wife is seldom aware of the intense spiritual battle threatening her dreams of happily ever after. Often, she enters the marriage without the benefit of great examples, biblical knowledge, and mentors offering godly wisdom. The battle begins and she is unarmed. Can she survive? Will her marriage become another divorce statistic?
Marriage is God’s design. For the Creator of the universe, divorce-proofing a marriage is a simple as baby-proofing a home. He has a battle plan, the power and the resources to win.
In Prayers for New Brides, I write from my own experience of one failed marriage and one rescued by the Mighty Warrior, the Overcomer, the Wonderful Counselor. I am excited to share the biblical relationship wisdom I’ve learned and now employ as a praying warrior bride.
Inside the book, I’m including:
- A true picture of the marriage relationship as God designed it.
- An understanding of prayer as dialogue with God and a method of deepening a relationship with Him and reliance on Him as Savior.
- An in-depth look at the spiritual warfare every marriage endures.
- True accounts of spiritual battle in my first and second marriages. I offer biblical principles that saved my marriage to David while explaining what I did wrong in my first marriage. These teaching testimonies will guide and empower wives.
- Biblical prayers as conversation starters with God on critical topics including honoring marriage, submitting to God & your spouse, praising God for your spouse’s uniqueness & purpose, becoming a Psalm 119 Couple, and much more. Each one is packed with truths straight from Scripture helping her clearly see His desire and ability to save, heal, and restore brokenness.
When a wife knows Who God is and What He can do, she can trust Him to sustain her and her marriage. She will have bold confidence in Him and His instructions. Her joy will be complete as she allows Him to empower her to do more for her union than she can imagine.