Is Today Your Best Day?
Let me introduce you to one of my new favorite devotional books: Today is Your Best Dayby Roy Lessin. Roy is the co-founder of DaySpring and their senior writer. Why do I treasure this book so much? Because it shows us how each day IS our best day because of Jesus and despite our circumstances.
Because of Jesus’ Name
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth. Philippians 2:9–10 kjv
Jesus’ name is above every name. His name is so great that the Bible gives Him many other names to help us understand how mighty He truly is. Every name that Jesus bears and everything that Jesus is, He is for you. As you go through this day consider His glorious names, and the impact they have upon your life.
• The Last Adam: Through His obedience He came to restore to you everything that the first Adam lost through His disobedience.
• The Advocate: He is your defending attorney in the courtroom of heaven.
• Almighty: He knows no limits to what He can do for you because He is without limitation.
• Alpha: He is the first word in every issue that concerns you.
• Omega: He is the final word in every issue that concerns you.
• Amen: He is the “so be it” to all He directs you to do.
• Anointed: He is the one God has chosen to be your all in all.
• Apostle: He is the one who established you and upon whom the foundation of your faith is built.
• Author: He is writing every chapter of your life and is preparing future editions.
• Beloved: He brings you the Father’s heart.
• Bishop: He watches over your soul.
• Bread of Life: He nurtures and sustains you.
• Bridegroom: He’s preparing you for His wedding day.
• Bright Morning Star: He is the bright spot in your day.
• Captain: He is charting your course and guiding your rudder.
• Carpenter: He is preparing a place for you in His Father’s house.
• Chief Shepherd: He is leading you to still waters and quiet resting places.
• Christ: He is the Lord of your life.
• Cornerstone: He is the One you are building your life upon.
• Dayspring from on High: He brings new hope to every morning.
• Deliverer: He is One who sets you free from the bondage of sin.
• Emmanuel: He is God with you.
• Express Image of God: He allows you to see the beauty of the Father’s face.
• High Priest: He is praying for you and standing before God on your behalf.
• Holy One: He is your purity.
• Jesus: He is your Savior.
• Lamb of God: He is your sacrifice.
• Master: He is in control.
• Messiah: He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob—and He is your God.
• Passover: He has provided your redemption.
• Propitiation: He has made atonement for you.
• Rabbi: He is your teacher.
• Refuge: He is your hiding place.
• Resurrection: He is your eternal hope.
• Vine: He makes you fruitful.
• Wonderful: He is the One who is worthy of all your worship.
• Way: He is the pathway and the destination of your day.
Regardless of our circumstance, Jesus name is for me and for you. Jesus name is full of provision, hope, and power. You and I have more than we will ever need because of Jesus.
About Jennifer O. White
I'm a simple wife who has discovered God's amazing gift of prayer. Here at Prayerfully Speaking I share my journey of unwrapping this gift. God invites us to ask Him, but His enemy works diligently to keep that from happening. I hope to offer you encouragement to believe God is ready to pour more into your life than you've ever imaged.