Simple Prayers for Marriages in Crisis
Many marriages are struggling. I have dear friends and acquaintances who are considering separating. Some are living in the aftermath of a traumatic separation. I’m guessing you know a few too. It’s heartbreaking, isn’t it!?
God may open the door for us to share with them our courageous faith in Jesus, their marriage Savior. But we may find our attempts to help are fiercely resisted.
But nothing can stop us from interceding for their marriage. We can draw near to God on their behalf trusting Him to help them.
Join me in praying these one-sentence, Scriptural prayers for couples in crisis. We can confidently pray His Word because He has promised to hear prayers that agree with His will.
1. Grant _________ & __________ a strong assurance that You are able to defend the covenant they entrusted to You on their wedding day. (Psalm 18:1, Psalm 59:9-10)
2. Give _________ & __________ eyes to see that the same power that raised Jesus from the dead can revive their love and affection for each other. (Romans 8:11, 2 Timothy 1:10)
3. Empower _________ & __________ with courageous faith to believe that You can stir up the gifts of love and forgiveness in them even now. (Luke 1:37, 2 Timothy 1:6, Psalm 23:4)
4. Counsel _________ & __________ to deposit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control into their relationship trusting that they will produce a great harvest of victory in their marriage. (Galatians 5:22-23, 6:7-8)
5. Impart Your wisdom and revelation to _________ & __________ so they are able to speak the truth in love to each other. (Ephesians 1:17, 4:15)
6. Send _________ & __________ a person with great understanding to expose the hidden motivations behind their fragmented relationship. (Proverbs 20:5)
7. Encourage _________ & __________ with Your presence and power to save them from this fiery trial in the same way you saved Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego from the blazing furnace. (Daniel 3:26-27)
8. Inspire _________ & __________ with Jesus’ example of faithfulness to His imperfect confidants who betrayed, denied, and doubted Him. (Luke 22:34,48, 24:38)
9. Intervene so that _________ & __________ become eager to maintain unity and peace. (Romans 14:19, Ephesians 4:3)
10. Teach _________ & __________ to be doers of Your Word and live humbly acknowledging Your will and Your power to make all things new. (James 1:22, Micah 6:8, 2 Corinthians 5:17)
11. Be merciful to _________ & __________ as they rebel against Your ways, and deliver to them a profound awakening as effective as Paul’s Damascus Road experience.
12. Secure _________ & __________ marriage on Your firm foundation using the miracle of their unity to show the world how faithful and powerful You are. (Matthew 7:24-27, 1 Corinthians 1:9, Ephesians 1:19)
God answers prayer! He is able to do all of this and infinitely more.
Please share the verses you are praying for marriages in the comments.
Have you seen God radically change the outcome of a dissolving marriage?
About Jennifer O. White
I'm a simple wife who has discovered God's amazing gift of prayer. Here at Prayerfully Speaking I share my journey of unwrapping this gift. God invites us to ask Him, but His enemy works diligently to keep that from happening. I hope to offer you encouragement to believe God is ready to pour more into your life than you've ever imaged.