Writing the Word & Discovering God
A few of my online friends have been sharing photos of how they write out the Word of God. Each time I see their posts, I feel a tug at my heart – a knowing that I should do this. So today, I gave it a try and I really liked it. I grabbed the Scripture from BibleGateway.com’s verse of the day, read it over and asked the question: “according to these verses, Who is God?”
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade—kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 1 Peter 1:3-5
- a merciful Father: in his great mercy
- a generous Father: he gives us (me) a new birth – a new identity that can not be spoiled, or taken from me.
- a generous Father: he gives us (me) living hope – imperishable hope, permanent hope
- a father who sacrificed His BEST, Jesus, for me: through Jesus Christ’ resurrection
- a powerful Father: Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead (resurrected by God’s power)
- a generous Father: an inheritance
- a faithful & generous Provider: an inheritance than can never perish, spoil or fade.
- a Father who protects my inheritance: can never perish, spoil or fade – kept in heaven for you.
- a powerful Father who shields me: who through faith are shielded by God’s power
- a long range planning, strategic Father: until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
I have a God who is merciful, generous, and loves me sacrificially. He is powerful, and a faithful provider of more than enough. He is my protector, a guard over what He has promised me. He shields me with His mighty power and He has a plan to rescue me from this world of sin.
Thank You Father for telling me who You are in Your Word. Your character comforts me. Your love for me is displayed in the words of these three sentences. I’m so grateful Your have reminded me Who You are, and how I can trust Your love for me.
I receive this as Truth and trust Your Holy Spirit to help me to live according to this truth. I want my life to reflect this Truth of Your character and love to others.
I confess to You that at times, I am distracted from the Truth of who You are by my thoughts and feelings.
Today, I raise my hands in thanksgiving to You for being greater and kinder than I can comprehend.
You can follow my friends whose pics I shared as they blog and write the word on Twitter at this link #writetheword or on Facebook: Haelie Heard & Sam’s Noggin. I plan to make this a regular part of my time with God. Want to join me?
About Jennifer O. White
I'm a simple wife who has discovered God's amazing gift of prayer. Here at Prayerfully Speaking I share my journey of unwrapping this gift. God invites us to ask Him, but His enemy works diligently to keep that from happening. I hope to offer you encouragement to believe God is ready to pour more into your life than you've ever imaged.